Friday, July 25, 2008

Living this Life!

Yesterday my friend received some world-rockin' news and it got me thinking.
In life there are no guarantees....but there are some certains, we will live and die. Some people are given a longer time on this earth than others.
I am really not afraid of dying, but what I am afraid of is the sadness that will be with my family in my absence......my kids, Brent, my parents. But the Lord will take care of them....
And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them. Romans 8:28
But what really shook me was how would I be remembered?
I am SO GUILTY of not taking the time to "smell the roses", I like my house to be clean and orderly (yes I am SOOOO TYPE A), I gripe (or yell) about silly things, I say "NO" alot, I really don't "play" with the kids...I am involved but I don't play "house" or "babies"(I wish I could talk Chloe into playing "Spa", but she is not going for it) or whatever.

I don't want to be remembered as a griper or complainer, a meanie or lame-O.
I don't want to be remembered as selfish or stubborn, either.

I have heard the terms "dance like no one is watching"......"live like there is no tomorrow" and never given it much thought, but now I am thinking that might be some pretty good advice.

Slowing down, making lemonade when life gives you lemons, taking in the beauty of this world and life that I have been given, living selflessly, let people know how much they mean to me.

That is how I want to be remembered!

Each day is a gift that is why it is called present and you never know what tomorrow holds!

2 comments:

Jennifer Bacak said...

I know, I feel that tug just about everyday when I'm doing housework, or all the things that have to get done, and my kids want me to stop and play. I need to stop and play more!!!
jenn

~Tracy~ said...

Kellie,

That is soooo true... Sometimes we just have to let other "things" wait, not others... Especially the little ones that mean sooo much...

I am at that place again where Trent is leaving tomorrow, and I have in-laws coming in so it is hard... But some things will just not be "perfect" when the in-laws get here... But that is ok!!!

Tracy