Thursday, July 24, 2008

Best book EVER!

OK! I am reading the most awesome book....The Bait of Satan, by John Bevere. Thanks Tracy for telling me about it! I can not put it down!
This book is about being offended.
To me being offended meant like someone asking me "When is your baby due" and HELLO I am NOT even pregnant. Or one time I had someone, a complete stranger, ask me if all my kids had the SAME DAD? What is that??
Those things were offensive to me.
But I am learning in this book that being offended means someone wrongs you OR you BELIEVE you have been wronged and you hang on to that.
Sometimes you can even trick yourself into thinking you were not offended but you are not tricking the most important person......GOD! He knows your heart...He knows the number of hairs on your head! Who do you think your kiddin'?
Anyway, I am also learning that I am selfish! OUCH! This is something that I do not want to be, I want to be selfless. By being offended I am allowing myself to be controlled by the flesh.
The book give many examples of people in the Bible who had been wronged but chose to not be offended!
It shows how Joseph showed nothing but grace to the SAME brothers who sold him as a slave, he knew it was part of God's plan. WHAT??? If my siblings sold me as a SLAVE, well.....I would not have handled the situation like Joseph did (but I am trying to be better). David showed grace to Saul by not killing him, when given several opportunities, and David actually mourned for him when he was finally killed and David took care of Saul's family.
They took themselves out of the picture, emotions and all, and were obedient! They let God deal with the offenders!
GOSH! That is how I want to be!
I will definitely be keeping ya'll updated on this book!

1 comment:

~Tracy~ said...

I know... It is an eye opener... I feel like everyone should read it..

Thank You Lord!