Sunday, July 6, 2008

Are you contagious?

No, this is not about covering your mouth when you cough or sneeze or how important it is to frequently wash your hands. Although those things ARE important this is about something you WANT to catch. A contagious spirit


Is your spirit contagious?

This is something that I truly want to have but it is real work for me. I mean, I want people to say "What is with her?" and not in a bad way. I want to be peculiar for Christ. Doing because I love him and serving others is what I am called to do, not based on what I feel like doing or think I can or can't do.

Jesus was a servant, I mean he even washed feet!

Our sermon this Sunday was about 6 characteristics of a true servant. Those characteristics are 1) being trustworthy and dependable 2) having genuine concern for others and their needs and not just himself 3) proves himself over an extended period of time - not "fizzling out" over time 4) has a positive outlook even in the face of difficulties 5) serves others even at the cost of great personal sacrifice and hardship..............oohh, that's a tough one! 6) is deserving of honor and esteem for what he does for Christ and others.

I think it is something that people need to be reminded of frequently. You know ministering to someone through actions. Completely removing yourself from the picture. Not doing something because of what's in it for you or how it will effect you, you JUST DO IT!

I love the song Pass it On...It only takes a spark to get a fire glowing, soon all those around can warm up in glowing. That's how it is with God's love once you've experienced it, you spread His love to everyone. You want to pass it on!

Life keeps us busy but lets not take our eyes off of what is really important. You might be just what that person needs today!

1 comment:

~Tracy~ said...

Amen sister! Thanks for sharing!!! We all need to hear that!