Saturday, July 19, 2008

Fear this!

You know there are so many things to experience in life that are missed due to fear. Now this could be a true fear, like being overcome with fear, or a subtle fear. Maybe fear of rejection or fear of failure. Well, it says everywhere in scripture not to be afraid. In fact being fearful means you are not trusting the Lord, and when you are not trusting the Lord, well, that is sin! OUCH! We are by no means perfect people, but WE should be able to trust the Lord. He is faithful and the Bible tells us so! Over the past couple of days I have read about different types of fear, OK Lord I see where this is going, and I have realized that I am fearful person! Why?? I don't know.
If the Lord is for me who can be against me?
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil 4:13
Well, I am thinking that this is just ONE of the many ways the enemy starts to work on a person. "Oh yeah, let me fill them fear and doubt and then they will get stuck and and quit trying!" Well, enemy I have NEWS for YOU! I am not going to live that way. I can't! I want to be full of joy and ready to receive what the Lord has for me. I do not want to go around living my life in fear! I know that I can not please everyone, everybody will not always like me or my ideas or my food or whatever.....but I am seeking the Lord and all that other stuff does not matter.
I mean look at David and Goliath.....this little guy fought a huge giant, and won...killed him, with ONLY a sling shot and rock and the Lord took care of the rest! He was TOTALLY trusting the Lord! Go DAVID!
Joyce Meyer is always saying "if we do what we can, the Lord will do the rest!"
The light is finally on! I think I am starting to get it.
When we have expectations in or for anyone else, other than the Lord, we will be disappointed!

"Look! He has placed the land in front of you. Go and occupy it as the Lord, the God of your ancestors, has promised you. Don’t be afraid! Don’t be discouraged!" Deut 1:21

1 comment:

~Tracy~ said...

Amen sister! Preach it!!
Fear has to go in Jesus name, amen!