Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Watch your mouth, Missy! (or Mister!)


Too much talk leads to sin. Be sensible and keep your mouth shut. Proverbs 10:19

(The Lord made that verse just especially for me...HA HA!)

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Eph 4:29

(Excellent verse to teach to kids....our motto is "was that building someone up or tearing them down?")

But evil words come from an evil heart and defile the person who says them. Matthew 15:18

If you claim religious but don't control your tongue, you are fooling yourself and your religion is worthless. Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you. James 1:26-27

Again I say, don't get involved in foolish, ignorant arguments that only start fights. A servant of the Lord must not quarrel but must be kind to everyone, be able to teach and be patient with difficult people. 2Tim 2:23-24

The tongue can bring life or death; those who love to talk will reap the consequences. Pro. 18:21

I have a hard time keeping my mouth shut and the Lord is really working on me with this.......one would think it is pretty simple, but HA!

And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned. Matthew 12:36-37

I remember my mom telling me....and I tell my kids "if you can't say anything nice, then don't say anything at all." Sounds simple enough, but why is it sooo darn HARD?

Do you think sometimes people just talk because silence is awkward?? Or maybe you feel like you need to be HEARD....I think our emotions have alot to do with our "talking" and when you let your emotions guide you sometimes you can get yourself into a "jam".

Words are like a bullet being fired from a gun....once they are spoken you CAN NOT get them back! OUCH! And some words can be as painful as a gunshot...sometimes we need to hear them and sometimes not!

I once heard:
your THOUGHTS determine your ATTITUDE
your ATTITUDE determines your ACTIONS
your ACTIONS determine your HABITS
your HABITS determine your CHARACTER
your CHARACTER determines your DESTINY.........

What is your destiny?

No comments: