Sunday, January 4, 2009

The Office

For those of you who do not know......I went back to work AND I work from home.
I went back to the same company but now I have a whole new office!
YES a new home office.
Over the holidays Brent and I did some work and it is starting to look pretty nice.
Work can be FUN again!
And Brent and I are still married!
What? Still married?
Well ANYTIME we tackle a project when the project is complete WE are about 2 steps from marriage counseling.
OK, maybe its not that bad, but geesh how can communication be so difficult.
Open your mouth and say it......UH, that's what happens.
Anyway, whole different post ANOTHER day!
Back to my office,
We went to Ikea on Friday night and Brent has never been with me when I have bought something at Ikea so he is clueless about their whole "SelfService" way of business.
So, we choose our desks and make our way downstairs and Brent become confused and nervous (he is wondering what else could I possibly be buying NOW) when I grab a cart and then ask him to grab a cart.
Then we head to the area where you get your items from the "isles and bins".
OK, we have 2 desks and 2 filing cabinets........that equates to about 50 boxes. No joke.
And Ikea's baskets have a mind of their own and I think the heavier it gets the harder it trys to run away from you.
And if you want to turn that basket? Well, just start yelling several feet before your turn so everyone will get the heck out of the way because YOU will NOT be able to control that basket....
Anyway, we finally get to the check out line and head to the truck......but you see you can not bring the baskets in the parking lot.
So Brent brings the truck to the front, which is probably good because he couldn't possibly be mad at me in front of everyone at Ikea.
You know he has it in his mind how he wants something done, BUT never tells me....I am supposed to be a mind reader, too!
So I am clueless to his plan and not sure of WHAT I am supposed to be doing and well, he gets irritated with me (but the feeling is mutual...HA HA)
Then he says "I would fire you if you worked for me" that is when I say "HA, if I worked for you I would have QUIT along time ago!"
But now we are in front of Ikea along with everyone else who is trying to load up their cars....God is so good!
Brent gets everything into the truck and we head home.
He is NOT liking Ikea and says next time he comes he will remember to wear work clothes and bring his work gloves!
Saturday Brent gets the desks and filing cabinets together pretty quick, thank goodness Ikea gives easy to follow instructions!
And they look FANTASTIC!
Many thanks to him and the kids!

No comments: