Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Trust

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, do not depend on your own understanding. Proverbs 3:5
That verse seems sooooo simple, but I have such a HARD time with it.
I mean I do trust the Lord....I know who He is and have seen first hand that He is faithful, BUT I still find myself trying to figure things out for myself.
Or, this is usually what happens, I put my trust in Him then I "secretly" start working on how I can fix it or make it work in my simple mind....like the Lord is not going to know!
DUH! He is GOD! He knows EVERYTHING! HELLO!
I love that picture! It looks like those little fingers are giving everything to hold onto that thumb. Then there is the hand in the background....the "safety net".
Are you trusting the Lord like that. Just holding on to Him so tightly......confident of his "safety net"?
Sometimes I am.................
The Lord wants us to trust him with everything and let HIM work it out. Not say it with our mouths and then take it back with our hearts or action or thoughts.
He wants to get the glory for everything from healing you of that nagging headache to finding you that MOST PERFECT parking spot to getting you out of the HUGE monster mess that you got yourself into last week to what is happening in the future!
Many of us have seen first hand of His great faithfulness...but we a so quick to forget.
I am starting to write down all my prayer requests and then I will go back an put the date and how it was answered.
Sometimes I need that reassurance of what He can do.......I mean I know but to have it there in black and white to refresh my memory!

I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust Him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power or the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13

No comments: