Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween 2008

Well, Halloween night went well! No melt downs (I was worried about Lex since he only got a series of catnaps while running errands with me), no injuries, no tramatic events, well I just made sure I did plenty of explaining that "everyone you see tonight is just a regular person like you, me, daddy or brother or sister only they have paint on their face or masks on and are making creepy noises" so we would not have a freaked out child in the night!
But more importantly it is OVER!
I am sooo not a fan of Halloween!
I mean what is the purpose?
And ALL that stinkin' candy! At my house it usually ends up in the trash on day 2 post Halloween due to candy obsession and fighting....yes kids fighting over CANDY! It is not pretty!
And I am so amazed at the amount of money some people invest in this creepy day!
And it's all just to scare the fire out of someone.....and yes, I STILL get creeped out even though I KNOW it is fake!
But the kids have fun!
We have tried to stick with costumes that are not too freaky or bizarre but as you can see by the picture there was still some blood involved!
I have 1 child who is OBSESSED with having blood every year.....she doesn't care WHAT she is as long as it has blood.
(Side note....Chloe had to write a story about what she wanted to be when she grew up and she wants to be a doctor...I am guessing a surgeon of some sort with the blood fascination! Go figure)
So this year we had Lex the Clown, Jace the Wild Game Sniper and Chloe....the Busted Up Ballerina Dancer!

No comments: