Tuesday, November 11, 2008

And let there be LIGHT!

AHHHH! This is the most WONDERFUL sight ever!
I have a fridge INSIDE my home!
You see when Mr. Ike paid us a visit...he wrecked my fridge!
That is right I have NOT had fridge inside my home since Ike!
The little things we take for granted!
We are extremely blessed to have a fridge in the garage, but come on, how convenient is that for 2 mos?
Have you ever tried fixing a meal (or a sandwich for that) using a fridge that is in you garage?
First off you have to make a list or have complete silence so you are sure not to forget anything.
Then you have to GO to the garage and start getting everything....it you are making something other than a bowl of cereal you can count on 2 trips.
Then AFTER you have made the meal....gather all your supplies and return them to the fridge.
I can not tell you how many things I had to toss out because they got left out.
Like you have to put something down to open the doors (since your arms are full determined to make it in 1 trip instead of 2) and you are just so estatic you got everything in there, then when you come out to gather items for the next meal or to get a COLD DRINK you realize.....oh gosh, I left that out!
But thanks to the super nice and knowledgeable repair guy, we are up and running!
You see we had one "local company" come out and the repair guy said we needed a few parts (this was shortly after Ike). Did I mention I think this was the repair guys first day AS a repair guy?? But being the obedient and desperate customer I said OK and WAITED... come to find out the part was backordered until 10/30/08 then add 5-7 days for shipping...WHAT!
So I waited!
James 5:8 tells us, you too be patient! RIGHT???
Finally the parts arrived Friday! YYYEAAHHH!
You should have seen the excitement at our house! Anyone looking in would have thought we won the lottery or something.
So Monday I called the "local company" to have them install my new parts........
well, what an ordeal! You don't tell someone who has been waiting (patiently waiting) on parts for their fridge for 2 months that you will call them Thursday morning between 8:30 and 9:30 and let them know when they will be out to fix it!
So to make a long story short I called another place, Appliance Masters....and that they are, Go APPLIANCE MASTERS!
They were out to my house in less than 1 hr. Fridge running like a champ AND the parts that I had been waiting on are still in the wrapper in the BOX that arrived at my house on Friday awaiting a return to GE! I did not even need them....nope did not need them!

1 comment:

~Tracy~ said...

WOW!!! That was funny!!