Thursday, February 12, 2009

Vicious Dog Attack!

A few nights ago Lex came into our bedroom and he was crying!
He said his leg hurt!
I am sleepy, so I told him I was sorry and asked him to go get back in bed.
Well, should it be so simple?
NO!
He starts really crying!
So I get out of bed....I love my sleep!
I go with him to his room, he is limping the whole time.
He gets in bed but will NOT STOP CRYING!
So I get him some Motrin and my nurse brain goes right to work.......I have about 5 diagnosis's for him in less than 5 minutes!
He is still freaking out!
I am freaking out!
He is rolling around in bed holding his leg, guarding his stomach!
I am thinking something is REALLY wrong with him and if this continues for much longer....
HELLOOOOO ER!
So I start rubbing his leg and praying over him!
Well, finally he calms down and he starts talking about this white dog that bit him on his leg!
WHAT white dog, I am thinking!
He then proceeds to tell me that this white dog bit him on his leg and stomach while I was riding my bike (I pull Lex in this trailer when I ride my bike and SOMETIMES these dogs chase us and bark at us.............but we have not ridden bikes in FOREVER!)
This little guy had a dream he was attacked by a dog and it was SO real to him....he was even limping!

No comments: